Saturday, September 12, 2009

Project 365: Day 254 -- In Memory of...

In the wee hours of this morning, Grandma Needham passed away. It's been a week since her first stroke, and the seizures that followed. She lost consciousness at the ER, and never regained it. She was moved from Critical Care to Hospice last Sunday. Kelly went to visit her every single night after work all week.

So after we got the call this morning to let us know she was gone, I dug through my archives to find a photograph of her. You'd think that as a photographer who carries my camera just about everywhere I go that I would have a wonderful, recent photo of her. And I did have a couple of pictures of her with Emmy on her 85th birthday. But they were just snapshots, and not very good ones. I dug all the way back to 2006, shortly after Grandma's 82nd birthday, and found a shot Kelly had taken just before the two of them went up in a hot air balloon. The ride was a birthday gift from Kelly's mom, because she knew her mother had always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon. Diane didn't want to go with her because she was afraid (can't blame her there--the height-thing would send me into full-blown panic attack) so Kelly went with her. They had a great time, and Grandma loved it. Here's some of the photos he took with my old Fuji S2 Pro...





Grandma was blessed to live a long and active life with her daughter, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren nearby. Her 3 great-granddaughters love their GG, and spent a lot of time at her house. And she lived long enough to meet her great-grandson. She lived a full life, and she will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment