Friday, March 13, 2009

As a child, I always loved new school supplies. And stationary. This of course was years before anyone had heard of email, so I wrote letters to my cousins in New England and friends who had moved away on actual paper with a pen, put it in an envelope with a stamp and mailed it. I always found pretty stationary with kittens or puppies on it, or flower borders. As I got older, I loved office supplies of any kind. I could spend hours wandering around a Staples or Office Depot store, looking at pens, folders, highlighters, notebooks, etc.

In 1996, I discovered scrapbooking after seeing an issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine in a store. I bought the magazine, and spent the next two weeks scouring it's pages, devouring the articles and staring at the photos. In the 13 years since, I have completed over 30 albums and collected enough supplies to fill a small store. The mainstay of those supplies is of course, paper. Just look at all this paper. And this is after giving away huge stacks of it to a charity project last year. I still can't pass up pretty paper when I see it. It's a sickness, I tell you. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment