Sunday, March 8, 2009

I love to read. Even when I was a little girl, I would go to bed half an hour before my bedtime just to sit in bed with books. I love to read until I can't keep my eyes open, then I just turn out the light and fall asleep. When I was single, I did this all the time. Now that I am married--to a non-reader no less--I have to use a little book light, and turn on my side to block the light so he can sleep. And he still complains about the light keeping him awake!

I keep a pile of books on my bedside table. These are the next in line to be read. Once I finish them, I put them on the bookcase in the living room. I also love to read series. And I like to have all of a series before I start reading, so I can go straight to the next book as soon as I finish one! I am currently reading three different series--Sookie Stackhouse, The Black Dagger Brotherhood, and the Flynn Brothers Trilogy. I read books 1-7 of Sookie Stackhouse in one week. Now I have to wait until book 8 comes out in paperback in May, and then book 9, which is released in hardcover at the same time. I just started book 2 of the Flynn Brothers Trilogy. I read book 1 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and am waiting on Amazon to delliver books 2-6. I prefer paperbacks because they are more portable and less expensive. And I never want to get rid of books I enjoyed after I read them--so I am running out of room! Paperbacks are taking over my house. I love books...

No comments:

Post a Comment