Friday, June 26, 2009

Project 365: Day 177 -- Bees

Two of my goals with this Project have been to expand and improve my skills as both a photographer and as a writer. I have never been particularly interested or skilled in nature photography. But when I am forced to photograph something every.single.day and write about it, you start running out of willing human and feline models pretty quick. So I have expanded my portfolio to include creatures of the six-legged variety today.

This fat and sassy bumble bee was making the rounds on the cone flowers this morning, right outside my front door. So I grabbed my camera and my 70-200mm lens--because I am afraid of bees and wasn't willing to get any closer-- and started shooting. In my nightgown. Because I hadn't bothered to get showered and dressed yet, even though it was 10:30 in the morning, and I had been up for more than two hours. Yes, I was a lazy slug.

Anyway, this fuzzy (and scary) little guy was fairly cooperative, and I managed to get a number of fairly good shots, considering I'm not skilled with macro/nature shots, and I am afraid of bees. I can't stress that enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment