Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Project 365: Day 182 -- Market Day

Today was my day to plan the menus, make the lists, and do the shopping. So I pulled out all the cookbooks and planned the meals for the next week:

1) Spicy Shrimp & Lobster Linguini, Salad & Garlic Bread
2) Herbed Chicken in Pastry Puff, Mashed Potatoes & Garlic Pepper Asparagus
3) Blackened Tuna with Remoulade, Sticky Rice & Steamed Pea Pods
4) Rosemary Chicken & Wild Rice, Steamed Broccoli
5) Mahi Mahi w/ Crushed Pineapple & Toasted Coconut, Baked Potatoes & Salad
6) Chicken Parmesean over Linguini w/Burgundy Splashed Asparagus
7) Tacos

Before I could go shopping, I had to stop at Goodwill and drop off 6 huge bags of clothes. They completely filled the back of my SUV. And I expect to make at least 2 more trips with just as many clothes in the near future.

After shopping, I cleaned out the freezer. You know how some things just keep getting shoved to the back and you forget about them? I threw away quite a bit of food that was just too freezer-burned to eat. Then wiped down the whole inside of the freezer and re-organized it. Then did the same thing with the refrigerator.

Earlier in the morning, I photographed this HUGE beetle on the outside (thank God) of my kitchen window. It's at least 2 inches long. Anyone know what it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment