Sunday, August 16, 2009

Project 365: Day 227 -- Colorado, Part IV

While waiting for our private room at the Cheesecake Factory, we took a group shot. There is one person still missing at this point--Shanna. She's finally made it into town, but seriously jet-lagged. She was delayed by several days when trying to leave Sydney with an expired passport. Then she had another delay in Los Angeles, before finally making it to Denver.

Being goofey while waiting for our tables...and Amanda spent a mind-boggling amount of time texting and updating FaceBook from her phone...
Amanda found some strange guys in costumes handing out flyers and asked if she could have her photo taken with them. Of course they agreed.
After tonight, I know why I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory in Nashville yet. Way over-priced, less than mediocre food. I had shrimp scampi that still had most of the shells on the shrimp, the pasta was not hot and all congealed, and the whole thing tasted like nothing but garlic. All this culinary delight for $24. Gee, thanks. I did get Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake to go...

After dinner, we were all exhausted. I really wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep. But several people wanted to go shoot some night skyline photos, and it had been my idea originally. I also knew that I would regret not doing it when I had a chance. So we had a photo of the Denver skyline we wanted to duplicate. We tried and tried to figure out from where it was taken, and in the end we determined it must have been from the top of the stadium. Obviously, that wasn't an option for us. So the skyline photos were kind of a bust, but we got some fun photos of the traffic!




I think it was after 1 AM when I got back to the hotel. And poor Rachel had a 2-hour drive back to Colorado Springs! Jenn and I were so exhausted, I think we fell asleep almost immediately. Heather and Amanda were already out cold by the time we got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment