Monday, August 17, 2009

Project 365: Day 228 -- Colorado, Part VI

After the world's worst lunch ever, Heather had planned to take Anne and me down to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. But we spent so long shooting Mel & Vlad that there wasn't time for the two hour drive down and back. So we settled for Red Rocks. Which was GORGEOUS!!!
Red Rocks is used as a concert venue in it's acoustically perfect amphitheater. And from the amphitheater, you have a distant view of the Denver skyline...






And the park area around the amphitheater is just breathtaking.

We found a beautiful little courtyard behind the gift shop and decided to do more maternity images of Farrah...






I didn't have an opportunity to shoot as many scenics as I would have liked, but I did get a few...









After we finished shooting, we drove back into Morrison for dinner. Found a little pizza place and ate on the patio. I'm so used to the summers being miserably hot and humid, it was so great to eat outside and at 8PM, I put a jacket on. It was so wonderful. At home, it's still 85 degrees at 8PM. And sticky.

Jami ordered a piece of chocolate cake so big that she shared it with all of us. And it was really good cake! Farrah and I shared a prosciutto pizza that was probably the best food I'd had all weekend, unless you count cake.

After dinner, Heather took Anne back to the hotel where we had been staying. But Amanda, Jenn and I found a different hotel much closer to the airport. With a free shuttle. Anne was invited to join us, but she declined because she hadn't packed yet. So Farrah drove Amanda, Jenn and I to the new hotel. We all crashed pretty quickly--we were exhausted and I had to be at the airport at 5:30 in the morning...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos Barbie...as always. OH I'm so stinkin' jealous I missed out on Red Rocks. :(

    ReplyDelete